The Basketball Network powered by SportsTG has released the ability to disable adding players to teams directly on Courtside. This feature allows associations to stop any unregistered players from taking to the court.
Tip: We recommend rolling this feature out in the third or fourth week of your association season, this allows time for the change to be communicated and understood by all members ensuring that all games start at their scheduled times.
This support article will guide you through how to continue adding new players to the team list before the game, to allow last-minute registrations to occur without the search and add functionality.
The process of registering players to a team (without Courtside Search being enabled)
1. The association or club prepares a Member to Team Form for pre-game registrations
2. The association or club runs a team code report
3. The association or club creates a QR code image of the Member to Team Form registration link
4. The association or club prepares a copy of this template to print and place in your venues for members to scan and register to their teams
Thank you to Broome Basketball Association for sharing their template with The Basketball Network!
Step by Step QR Code Guide
1. Preparing your Registration Form
The Basketball Network recommends using these forms when preparing your QR Code depending on your association and club requirements:
- The National Member to Team form at Associaton Level (one QR code per association)
- The National Member to Team (Short-Term) form at Association Level (one QR code per association)
2. Running a Team Code Report
3. Creating a QR Code
We recommend trying to use a QR code to get people to register on their own mobile phones instead of having extra local devices (computers or tablets) available to complete registration forms.
I am using this application on my phone to read the QR code: https://www.scan.me/
We recommend creating your QR code via: https://www.qr-code-generator.com/ and creating a free account.
Note: Creating a dynamic QR code will allow you to use the same QR image but make the image link to a different registration form if we want to do this in the future (we may want to do this as we are testing the concept with this form).
4. Prepare and Print your Courtside: QR Code for Online Self-Registration Form to a Team and Team Code Template
See attached a copy of this template to print and place in your venues for members to scan and register to their teams.
You will need to populate this template with your own association or club team names, team codes and your own copy of your QR code.
It is vital that association products are attached to the registration form you use to allow for reporting on who has been added to the team via the QR code process. If your association is not collecting fees online please use a $0 product/s and attach them to your registration form.
Email Renewals [Short Term 'Fill-In' Product]
This can be done by selecting Registrations >Products > select product to edit > Renewals
We recommend sending the first email 72 hours after purchased (3 days) for the member to upgrade and pay their season fees in full, if they wish to continue playing beyond the short-term registration.