The Basketball Network has dedicated support articles to assist associations in reducing time spent restarting and monitoring online competitions post-COVID-19.
This article will assist with associations who had started their competitions and had assigned players to teams via:
- Players completing a member to team registration form
- Administrators have manually added players to a team after players used a member to association form or member to club form
It outlines the steps to save time in adjusting your existing competition structure if you have had to reschedule your season due to COVID-19 but wish to continue with the same competition configurations but a reduced or increased number of teams after you generate your competition fixture
Note: This functionality will move the players in the team list with the team when you move the team, we recommend using the regrade feature when moving teams in The Basketball Network.
DURING THE SEASON - REGRADE TEAMS INTO A DIFFERENT COMPETITION
You can use the regrade feature if the team:
1. Is assigned to a competition
2. Has players in the team list or doesn't have players in the team list
3. Has been fixtured for any games or hasn't been fixtured for any games
4. Has completed fixtured games or hasn't been fixtured for any games
CARRYING ACCROSS COMPETITION DATA WHEN REGRADING
The Basketball Network allows you to carry across a number of data fields when regrading a team.
These options allow you to decide how you want pre-COVID-19 competition data to form a part of your post-COVID-19 competitions given you had started your competition.
Tip: After regrading due to COVID-19 you may wish to adjust your fixtures, you can read how to redraw here if this feature is not available you can find out how to make the 'redraw' feature appear here