The Basketball Network has dedicated support articles to assist associations in reducing time spent restarting and monitoring online competitions post-COVID-19.
This article outlines the steps to save a significant amount of time in configuring the website display of your association's competitions if you have had to abandon or reschedule your season due to COVID-19.
This article will also emphasise how to manage an entire competition on your website for any season of competition.
To manage the display of specific rounds or a range of dates within a competition on your website please read this article here
Note: There are settings both on your association website and on your association database which make a competition appear or not on your website. The article here focuses on database competition display settings.
Steps to Access Competition Display on your Website
1. Scroll down to the bottom of your standard Basketball Network website and click Site Editor. You will then be shown the Website Editor Control Panel.
Tip: Please ensure you have an active SportsTG passport account to be able to login to the Site Editor of your website
2. From the Website Editor Control Panel, left-click on Comp Options underneath the Manage Display heading.
Note: If you aren't able to access the Website Editor Control Panel for your association/club website (either the previous editor is no longer at the association/club, or the site hasn't had an editor before), then please contact The Basketball Network.
Alternatively, if your website already has a website editor, this person can authorise you as an additional website editor themselves. If you are a club, you must contact your association for access.
3. The Comp Options screen allows you to do two things:
- Set a feature competition which will be displayed at the top of your Fixtures/Results page
- Hide competitions from appearing on the website
Set a feature competition by choosing a competition of your choice from the drop-down list and pressing the green Update Feature Competition button.
Tip: This can be used to display an important competition to all members who visit the Fixtures/Results page of your website
Hide competitions from appearing on the website
Note: This will hide all fixtures of a competition/s from the website only, importantly it will leave your competitions active in the association database
1. Tick the boxes of the competitions you wish to hide.
2. Left-click on the green Update button to save your changes
Tip: Naming conventions for competitions are vital to differentiate competitions of the same name over multiple seasons. Including the competition title, age group, gender, year and season in the competition name field, for example, Winter 20 3x3 Boys Division 1 (W20 3x3 Boys Div 1).