Setting up products is one of the single most important activities that you will perform in the administration of your database. Without them, you will not be able to collect money for your organisation and more importantly, not be able to report financial information accurately and easily.
IMPORTANT: Never RE-NAME or RE-USE a Product. Always create a new product for a new season.
Benefits of Copying are that you can save time as many of the previous products settings will be set and you simply need to edit and modify for the new season.
1. From the Association or Club level of the Membership database, click on Registrations in the menu and select Products from the drop-down menu.
2. The Products screen lists all existing products in your database (if any), and can be searched by product name.
If products have been assigned to a group (eg. player registrations, merchandise or events) they will appear below their group heading in the list.
The product list can be filtered by their active status ('active', 'inactive' or 'all') using the 'Showing' drop-down list and can also be filtered by group using the 'Records for group' drop-down list
3. Click 'Copy' on the products you wish to copy from.
4. You will be prompted with a pop-up to Confirm you want to make a copy of the Product.
5. A message that your product has been Successfully Copied will display & the text (copy) will be added to the end of the product Name.
6. Select the spyglass icon on the left of the new (copy) product you wish to edit.
Fill out the tabs across the top of the product where necessary.
Please Note: Never RE-NAME or RE-USE a Product. Always create a new product for a new season.
7. Next step is to complete the information in the Product:
See Product setup tabs article for full details.