When participants use Email Sign-On on registration forms, there are three possible scenarios for users:
- The participant’s email address and member account are recognised.
- The system has found your email address but it is not linked to a member account; as such you are required to create a member account.
- You are completely new to the system or don’t have this email address linked to your member record.
(1) Scenario One: The participant’s email address and member account are recognised
Your email address and account are recognised, the participant will be prompted to type in their password (or choose Forgot Password).
Then they will select either an existing member associated with the account or select ‘I am registering for the first time’ to add a new member.
(2) Scenario Two - The system has found the participant’s email address but it is not linked to a member account; as such the participant is required to create a member account
The participant’s email address has been found in the system but detects that they do not have a Member Account with SportsTG. An email will be sent to their email account.
The participant must click the highlighted link in their email to set their password.
The Member Profile page will open, they then need to enter in their new password.
(3) Scenario Three – The participant is completely new to the system or doesn’t have this email address linked to their member record
If the participant’s email address is not recognised, they will be prompted to click 'Yes, I'm new'.
Please Note: If the member believes they have registered previously and proceed to click 'No I've registered before', they may have registered previously into The Basketball Network under a different email address and have forgotten this was the case.
The member will need to register using a different email address to their initial registration or contact the association administrator to update their email address manually on their existing profile before proceeding to register for the upcoming competition/program/event.
Administrators are cautioned to undertake appropriate security checks to identify the member before updating any details. Incorrectly updating a members email address will allow access to that member's personal information.
If you are reading this as a member, you can find your association website here to get in touch with them to adjust your historical member profile. Alternatively, you can attempt to login to your existing member profile with an old email address by visiting http://australia.basketball/memberprofile