The Basketball Network is configured to have default fixture templates which are available in your association database via Grey Cog and left-clicking Settings as well as within each competition configuration.
Fixture templates are used to determine the number of teams and the number of rounds to be played within a competition.
To add new Fixture Templates:
- Click on the Settings (grey cog on the right) icon and click on Settings
- Click on Fixture Templates and click on the Add button
- The default Basketball Network fixture templates will appear, we recommend using these if you wish to add a new template left-click the blue add button on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Add in the formula and details for the template (as below for example) and click Update Fixture Template to save.
Tip: To create your own fixture template you will need to follow certain rules, these are explained below:
- On the first line add the word Round and the Round Number (#) of the round that is being played, an example is: Round 1
- On the second line type, the number of matches that will be played in the round, in this example it is 3
- On the third line put the number of the match, in this example, it is match 1. Then select space and write the competing teams, team numbers: an example of this is '1 1v6'
- You will need to repeat the above steps, using the same format, with each new match having a unique, sequential match number.
- Once finishing the round you will then use the same format but have Round 2 etc.
Once complete the fixture should look like the image below.
Tip: Once finished save the formula you have made, if there are any issues it will give you an error screen and lists the lines that are in error.
Below is a video created by SportsTG explaining how to create a custom fixture template:
If you require confirmation or are unsure about what fixture template you should be using, please do not hesitate to contact The Basketball Network support via australia.basketball/tbnsupport