Finals Eligibility allows you to automatically track and report on your association's bylaw for the number of games required for players to be eligible to play finals when using Online Competitions.
The Basketball Network is configured to allow you to set and adjust finals eligibility for your entire association database via Grey Cog and left-clicking Settings then left-clicking Finals Eligibility Settings.
Tip: You also have the flexibility to set finals eligibility rules for your entire association (one rule for all competitions) as well as also being able to make adjustments to finals eligibility rules for individual competitions.
Example: All competitions follow the same finals rules, except for the Senior Women's competition, you are able to configure for both situations within The Basketball Network with ease.
To configure your Association Finals Eligibility settings:
- Click the Grey Cog and then left-click Settings.
- Navigate to Manage Competitions on the right-hand side and left-click on Finals Eligibility Settings
3. There are three tick box options which allow you to decide to include 'Byes Received', 'Forfeits Received' or 'Washouts Received' towards the Finals Eligibility game count by ticking the box or not by unticking the box.
Note: If a forfeit is 'Given' by a team and the 'Include Forfeits' button is ticked, the players on this team list will not have the game count towards their Finals Eligibility.
4. There are five Eligibility Settings options that you can set by left-clicking on the drop-down arrow which you can select from depending on your association's finals by-laws.
Tip: You can quickly run a report to check your Finals Eligibility via Reports > Competitions > Finals Eligibility (New)
If you wish to adjust it for a single competition you can do so via Competitions > List Competitions > Grey Hour Glass > Competition Configuration Edit > Grey Cog >Finals Eligibility Settings
To configure your Competition Finals Eligibility settings:
- Select the Competition.
- Once you have chosen your competition - left-click the Grey Cog and then left-click Finals Eligibility Settings.
- This will present you with the settings to configure Finals Eligibility for the particular competition.
Tip: You can set the number of games required to be eligible for finals in each individual competition configuration via Competitions > List Competitions > Grey Hour Glass > Competition Configuration Edit > Matches for Finals Eligibility
If you require confirmation on what finals eligibility settings to use or are unsure about how to adjust your finals eligibility settings after the start of your competitions, please do not hesitate to contact The Basketball Network support via australia.basketball/tbnsupport